- Sister – Rosamund Lupton
- Faithful Place – Tana French
- Catching Fire (Hunger Games Book #2) – Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay (Hunger Games Book #3) – Suzanne Collins
- The Imperfectionists – Tom Rachman
- Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir – Margaux Fragos
- A Stolen Life: A Memoir – Jaycee Lee Dugard
Books Abandoned: 0
Books in Progress: 1
- The Power and the Glory – Graham Greene
Best Book: Sister – Rosamund Lupton
I’m usually not one for thrillers but I sincerely could not put this book down. I’m anxious to read her newest book, Afterwards.
Worst Book: The Imperfectionists – Tom Rachman
This was one of the most depressing books I’ve read in a long time. The novel is broken up into stories revolving around different people involved with an international English language newspaper based in Rome. All of the staff are miserable, depressing people who honestly probably could have all rightfully committed suicide for various reasons. I didn’t like the book at all, though I can’t honestly say I hated it either. It was frustrating that there was little to no redemption for any of the characters–it just seemed really unfair and ugly. I have to say that it was very appropriate (and interesting) reading this book as the News of the World folded last week.