Books Finished: 4
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
- Sarah’s Key – Tatiana de Rosnay
- The Midnight Palace – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Full Dark, No Stars – Stephen King
Books Abandoned: 1
- The Power and the Glory – Graham Greene
Books in Progress: 1
- A Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin
I think it’s a tie this time… I loved Sarah’s Key; my friend K was right, it was a tear-jerker. I also really, really like Stephen King’s Full Dark, No Stars. I’m not a massive King fan but FDNS was amazing; there’s nothing better than a set of short stories examining human nature and just how “bad” we’ll really be to get what we want. Creepy.
I don’t want to say it, but I didn’t like The Midnight Palace… and that’s saying a lot because Zafon’s one of my favorite writers and I’ll pretty much forgive him anything. I’m sorry though, the whole thing was way too Harry Potter-ish for me.