Books Read: 7
- House Rules – Jodi Picoult
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Jonathan Safran Foer (Check out the Sister Read review I co-wrote here)
- We Are All Made of Glue – Marina Lewycka
- Ours Are the Streets – Sunjeev Sahota (Check out my review on the Two Sisters Reading blog here)
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe – Fannie Flagg
- Vaclav and Lena – Haley Tanner
- The Small Hand – Susan Hill
Books Abandoned: 1
- The Dead Room – Robert Ellis
Books in Progress: 1
- The Hour I First Believed – Wally Lamb
Best Book: Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe – Fannie Flagg
It was actually really difficult to choose a favourite book this month as I loved “We Are All Made of Glue” just as much as “Fried Green Tomatoes” but the latter won the slight edge with its southern charm. I haven’t actually seen the movie (gasp!) but from what I hear it’s a bit different to the book. I hope not too much as I plan on watching it very soon! It read a bit like I imagine Steel Magnolias would read if it were a book (and my GOD I wish it was!). As a total aside, what the hell is THIS about???!!!
Worst Book: House Rules – Jodi Picoult
While I did manage to finish this book (only just) it wasn’t Picoult’s best (or even decent) by far. I just disliked everything about this one.