Well it’s been a very short and super quick month–but somehow I’ve managed to keep it quite bookish!
Books Read: 7
- Paranormality – Richard Wiseman
- This is the Life – Alex Shearer
- The Memory Book – Rowan Coleman
- Revolt – Qaisra Shahraz (Review here)
- The One Plus One – Jojo Moyes (Review here)
- How to get a (Love) Life – Rosie Blake (Review here)
- Bird Box – Josh Malerman (Review here)
Books Abandoned: 1
- Season to Taste or How to Eat Your Husband – Natalie Young
Just a quick blurb on why I didn’t finish this one… it wasn’t that I didn’t like the book or the idea behind it, I loved the eyebrow-raising factor of a woman killing and eating her husband. The writing itself was fantastic and I really enjoyed what I did read. Even so, there were passages that absolutely turned my stomach and made me so nauseated that I had to put the book down. That in itself should be a testament to Young’s writing–the fact that I felt physically ill reading parts of this book is quite impressive. Read at your own risk, not after a meal and cross your fingers that you’ve got a stronger stomach than mine!
- The Troop – Nick Cutter
Total so far this year: 16
So… have you read any good books lately? Give me some recommendations!